Do Underwater Cities Exist???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vernon, MA exists under the Quabbin. Mind you, it make take an act of GOD to get permission to dive there, or a commando mode operation.

But the is a location that while fishing I could see the top of the church steeple. The water is unusually clear.

With that in mind, let me finish by saying in no way am I suggesting that anyone attempt to cross onto the private property of the Boston Water Department and attempt to dive this lake. You have to wear their boots and use their boats to go fishing.

doghouse:
Vernon, MA exists under the Quabbin. Mind you, it make take an act of GOD to get permission to dive there, or a commando mode operation.

But the is a location that while fishing I could see the top of the church steeple. The water is unusually clear.

With that in mind, let me finish by saying in no way am I suggesting that anyone attempt to cross onto the private property of the Boston Water Department and attempt to dive this lake. You have to wear their boots and use their boats to go fishing.

http://www.shopwgby.org/webapp/wcs/...32254&storeId=13551&catalogId=10301&langId=-1

At least you can buy a video and take a peek if you want to.

jptrealty:
well are there ANY underwater citie that exist don to say 300'??? NOT 2-6 tructures that have fallen apart, but a complete town, Existing buildings and homes

not a complete town but much more than 2-6 structures that have fallen apart:
Alexandria Egypt

Layout_1.jpg

for more information link1 link2

There's supposed to be the remains of a small town somewhere at the bottom of Lake Powell. It was covered when the lake was filled up. I'm not sure where exactly where it is in the lake or at what depth (I believe the bottom of lake powell is inaccessable to most divers).
I saw a book about the lost town in a bookstore or visitor center when I went the for a 3 day canoe trip last year.

Mitch

Mossyrock Dam began generating power for Tacoma City Light in about 1968. It rises about 605 feet from bedrock and created a lake about 23-mile long called Riffe Lake. It was the highest dam in the Pacific Northwest. The dam was named for the nearby city of Mossyrock, the lake for the town of Riffe, which, along with Kosmos, was destroyed by the flooding of the Cowlitz River valley above the dam.( Info from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) With a little research you might find a town or two there.

I thought I read somewhere where a pyramid was found below water near Cuba. I think it would be neat to explore submerged buildings.

I read recently an article about some new statues found under water in Egypt, that too would be awesome to find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom