Do you advertise your a diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Starfish

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a license plate cover on my rear plate proclaiming, "I love to Dive" and a Fish with snorkels and tank on my hood.

I also have pictures of me and my husband diving in Cozumel on my desk at work.

Do you advertise your a diver? --Starfish

I have a dive flag sticker on both of my trucks and that is about it. I don't like to put a lot of stickers and things on my trucks since it is an invite to break in and steal my gear.

Scott

I own several diving related t shirts and have this attena ball for my vehicle

someone decided that they didn't like scuba divers and keyed all the vehicles except the one with the firefighter's union sticker on it. They were even nice enough to write exactly how they felt on the hoods of some of our trucks. Now all I have is my Dive/Rescue and Paramedic sticker on it. So far, so good (fingers crossed):wink:

I have a 4" square SSI "Serious diving. Serious fun." sticker on the right side of my back bumper... an NSS (national speleological society) sticker gracing the other side. Sooner or later I'll Whetstone and Dynastar stickers :wink:

Used to have a dive plate on the front of the family car, but when we bought a new Grand Prix, theres no place for a plate on the front. I
overheard a lady at the tax office a while back ask what all these red plates with a white stripe were. The person told her, then she went on to exclaim that her husband was a commercial diver and she had never seen a dive flag! Maybe he used an alpha flag......

Mark

Well, not on my car, I don't want to invite burglarsm but I have a nice poster which was given out to Rodale's subscribers a couple of years ago in full view in my office and talk about diving as frequently as I can.

I used to have a ton of stickers on the back of my car, for all sorts of different things, but now I just have one "Grateful Diver" sticker... a dive flag where the white stripe is the lightning bolt from a Grateful Dead sticker.

It's much tidier. I'll probably add a small DAN sticker too, and possibly a small "Caution: Protected by guy with a big knife"

I guess I should really....when I go to dive shows etc. they just see me as a divers g/f or daughter cause I don't really look like a typical UK diver!

Anyhow - I don't have anything really that says I am a diver and proud of it ! Just my heart!

Stickers on both my Suburban and wifes van .Maybe an NRA sticker would let potential vandals know how I feel about that stuff:wink:

Back
Top Bottom