Do you advertise your a diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a small sticker on the car to cheer me up and hopefully other divers, especially when the snow is falling outside.

I didn't realize there was a direct connection between stickers on your car and burglary?!?! Wierd! I can't imagine this is true or just a freak occurence. :confused:

Nothing on the cars for all the reasons already given but photographs at work and any number of dive related polo or T shirts.

Originally posted by jashanley
I didn't realize there was a direct connection between stickers on your car and burglary?!?! Wierd! I can't imagine this is true or just a freak occurence. :confused: [/B]

It's a common occurence in heavily dove areas. Dive gear is expensive and easy to get rid of. If you had a chance at buying a reg set with a computer for a $100 would you turn it down? Be Honest! Especially if you on vacation and know one will ever know.
So..... it's a problem

No stickers, no problems.

As previously mentioned, this stuff's too valuable and too easy to move.

I love to dive and talk diving, but not to the wrong people!!

...Dive flag plates on the front of both my truck and my car. Cypress Springs sticker on the rear windows on the truck, too. Burglery not a big problem here in Alabama. Besides it's too hot to store my scuba gear in a vehicle all the time.

Jarhead

:D

I forgot to mention that all three PCs in my office and my home PC have dive related wallpapers. DAN return address labels. Assorted t-shirts and hats......:wink:

Well let's see....

I wear a dive watch, my outdated DM T-shirt, carry a BAG w/ PADI logo. Hardly ver have all three on at the same time. Have DAN Emergency # sticker on Log Book...and on other folders...

that is about it!

=-)

I have a personalized plate on my car. It reads; IMA DVR. It is a Michigan plate with the Mackinac bridge and a sunset in the background.

Jeff Great lakes diver.

I have no dive stickers, but then again, I don't like to put ANY stickers on my truck. I do have a red motorcycle, however, and I've been thinking of putting white/silver retroreflective tape in a diagonal stripe down each side of the gas tank.

Now, if I could only figure out a way to carry a tank and all the rest of my gear on my bike....:wink:

otter-cat :mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom