Do you download your dive computer data?

Do you download and save dive computer data?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I download my dives into Subsurface usually at the end of a trip (or at the end of each week if it's a multi-week trip).

I download every single dive. But not religiously and I don't care what other people do. :)

I just can't work up any interest in the data after the dive is over.

It's nice to see stats like my RMV that aren't calculated natively on my Teric, and the picture importing functionality is pretty nifty as well.

Forgot about those two! My dive computer is air integrated and once the dives are imported and the tank sizes entered the RMV appears right next to each dive.

I sometimes take pictures of the dive site briefing sketch and import them into the corresponding dive

I do still maintain a paper logbook as well that I keep with my C* cards, so that I have something I can easily hand to particularly paranoid DMs when they want proof of experience.

Subsurface has a mobile app at allows the user to download all their dives to their phone, and I've got all my C cards scanned into photos on my iphone, so it's all right there.

If the cable didn't cost half the price of the DC, then I would.

If the cable didn't cost half the price of the DC, then I would.

Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and shell out the bucks in order to make use of the information stored on your dive computer. Anyone who logs their dives manually and doesn't pay for a cable isn't really thinking about how much time they'd be saving over what will probably be many years, and about how much additional information is retrieved when dive computer data is imported into a digital logbook. Besides you can often pick up deals on Ebay. I use an older model VT Pro computer and I've got a few spares and at least 2 of them were a great deal and came with the cable, one of which I turned around and sold at a nice profit.

Suunto Eon Core > Bluetooth > Macdive Iphone

I do it right away - proves I haven't left the Eon Core at the dive site / boat

A bit off topic, @Jaeger62 & @BurhanMuntasser , in regards to downloading from the i300c, my understanding is that the bluetooth only allows you to download to Palegic's DiverLog app, which is not that great. You will still need the USB cable to use Subsurface or other electronic logs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

On topic, I always log. When I started diving at age 17 it was a paper log. At 57 I still enjoy reliving those dives through my log.

Back
Top Bottom