Do you have a fitness regimen?

Do you regularly engage in a fitness program?

• Yes

Votes: 95 81.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 18.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I started diving I was very overweight (140kg/308pounds at 1.86m/6.1Feet tall).
I have since lost a lot of weight to reduce my risk of DCS and not be so exhausted all the time.
I only do sports like diving, diving and diving again. From time to time I do a little mountain biking.

Update on the fitness routine. Chipmunks are sorcerers! 23 miles into a 30 mile ride I had one cross in front of me yesterday. At the same time I appeared to have a brain fart (or spell cast on me by said varmint). I also didn't see the stick on the trail (his wand maybe?) as I grabbed the front brake instead of the rear or both. Front wheel slid, I slid and went down. 3.5 miles back to the car to drive myself to the ER. Road (gravel) rash on left knee, stomach, left underside of the forearm, skin tear on back of left had, thumb, fore and index fingers on the right abrasions. Tetanus shot because I know it has been a while, lots of gauze, bacitracin, tape, and 5 days of anti-biotics. Light duty for the rest of the week. Doc doesn't want my fingers to get infected. Bike seems to be ok other than one bullhorn on the handlebars out of position. That's an easy fix but I am taking it into the shop later this week just to make sure it's ok.
Fitness is not risk free.

Update on the fitness routine. Chipmunks are sorcerers! 23 miles into a 30 mile ride I had one cross in front of me yesterday. At the same time I appeared to have a brain fart (or spell cast on me by said varmint). I also didn't see the stick on the trail (his wand maybe?) as I grabbed the front brake instead of the rear or both. Front wheel slid, I slid and went down. 3.5 miles back to the car to drive myself to the ER. Road (gravel) rash on left knee, stomach, left underside of the forearm, skin tear on back of left had, thumb, fore and index fingers on the right abrasions. Tetanus shot because I know it has been a while, lots of gauze, bacitracin, tape, and 5 days of anti-biotics. Light duty for the rest of the week. Doc doesn't want my fingers to get infected. Bike seems to be ok other than one bullhorn on the handlebars out of position. That's an easy fix but I am taking it into the shop later this week just to make sure it's ok.
Fitness is not risk free.

Dramatic Chipmunk (evil....) GIF | Gfycat

I've been lifting 2hr/day 5days/week for almost a year now. Started hitting the gym about a year and a half before that, just trying to get in better shape and lose weight. Now I primarily focus on strength training and cutting BF%.
I need to start adding in more cardio.
I DMC on the weekends so I get a good workout hauling tanks too.

Concept2 rower
Concept2 SkiErg
Kettlebells
Resistance bands
Plyo boxes
BOSU ball
Trail walking
Swimming
Cycling

I hate to exercise, but I don't mind walking. My wife and I walk 3 1/2 miles round trip to the grocery store 2-3 times a week and stop for coffee. We are also part of a hiking group and typically hike 5-7 miles once or twice a week up and down through the foothills around Boise. We are both retired.

I had to take a break a while ago because of shoulder and inner thigh injuries from CrossFit. Started working out again and doing all kinds of cardio minus running which I hate. But the truth is that nothing gets me slimmer like running so I’m hitting the treadmill again.

Ive also decided to stop bench bar bell pressing. For chest I only do incline dumbbell presses and chest dips.

I had to take a break a while ago because of shoulder and inner thigh injuries from CrossFit. Started working out again and doing all kinds of cardio minus running which I hate. But the truth is that nothing gets me slimmer like running so I’m hitting the treadmill again.

Ive also decided to stop bench bar bell pressing. For chest I only do incline dumbbell presses and chest dips.

Any reason you decided to stop bench press?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom