Do you know what is the best site for spotting whale sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naloria

Banned
Reaction score
Today, we can differentiate around 400 different species of sharks in our oceans. Out of this enormous number, only three species are responsible for most of the reported shark attacks on humans.

Which are the most common places where whale sharks can be spotted?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can snorkel with many-multiples of whale sharks during their season off of Isla Mujueres and Hol Box, Mexico. Dive with them in season at Gladden Spit, Belize, which I'm pleased to have done with Splash Divers. I've also been fortunate enough to both snorkel and dive with whale sharks in Maldives off of a liveaboard.

We have just been in Southern Leyte in the Phillipines where we were lucky enough to snorkels with two whalesharks. The season is November to June and I would highly recommend the area for diving. They can be seen year round in Oslob , in the south of Cebu , where they are fed for a few hours every morning by former fishermen. We also saw them in South Ari Atol in the Maldives.

Back
Top Bottom