Do you regret.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Na i dont regret it i got cert when i was 20. took it as a college course. and have been enjoying it every weekend

I do not regret not getting certified earlier, it just means I have to dive more now. hehehe.

Actually I was lucky and got certified with my son, so that was fun. Now I will just keep diving for as long as I can.

No regrets other than taking time off to raise my kids and only much later finding out that my wife would love diving!

My regret comes from (1) not be able to see what the marine ecosystem was like during the 70s and 80s around SoCal (2) not being in the early stages of Technical Diving when there was lots of true discovery still possible.

OTOH, given how diving became such a big part of my life, I sure it would have complicated raising a growing family.....

So....it is what it is, and I will keep diving until I choose otherwise or can't.

I didn't really start until 1994 living in the Philippines. My first dive was in 1980 with Jack Randall.....my father in law then, which is kind of like getting to play golf with Jack Nicklaus. He took me down to Hanauma Bay on Oahu while he worked on his camera. But at the time I was really getting into surfing and the whole time I was thinking, "what am I doing here....Crouching Lion is 4-6 feet and perfect..". I wish I had spent more time diving and learning about fish with him. I did get to dive with him in West Malaysia in 1998 again.
Speaking of Golden...he's 84 and still gets out diving.

Started diving as soon as I could afford it. Try to dive local as much as possible and work hard at getting in two trips a year. My idea of heaven is an oceanfront place in the Carib with my own compressor in the garage.

Regrets, no . . .

One can't regret not doing that which, for all intents, was impossible.

I do wish, however, I had had the ability to learn to dive earlier.

the K

It would be hard to say regret since where I grew up, scuba was just not a word in the vocabulary. But, I certainly wish that I could have learned this much earlier. As already mentioned, the wrecklessness of my youth may have been expanded, but diving off the highwalls of strip pits could not be any less dangerous, or idiotic!
Yep, wish I could have been doing this a long time ago, but I am going to do my best not to miss anymore than I have to with the remaining time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom