Doc wants to put me in chamber - does this really sound like DCS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upload your dive profiles for us to see.
Wish I could but it's an old Zoop and I don't have my pc or cable.

First dive - spent 9 minutes below 80, max depth 87, avg depth 55. Dive time 54 min.

Hour and 13 minutes surface interval

Second dive - two minutes at 65 feet, avg depth 46, dive time 60 including 9 minute safety stop.

Call DAN, if you can’t/are unwilling to, trust the local MD not ScubaBoardMD. Worst case you get the bill for the chamber ride and didn’t need it, sure as hell would be preferable to skipping a chamber ride you need and trying to fly later.

So, guess your shallow stop was actually a deco stop on your computer. You satisfied the obligation on a conservative computer. Your symptoms do not sound consistent with DCS. Call DAN, would imagine they will agree that no recompression therapy is indicated.

So, guess your shallow stop was actually a deco stop on your computer. You satisfied the obligation on a conservative computer. Your symptoms do not sound consistent with DCS. Call DAN, would imagine they will agree that no recompression therapy is indicated.
Yeah I called DAN and Dan the doc said I should try to get the local doc to do a neuro exam. The guy I saw today was not qualified but there is a good dive medicine doc in the island. He doesn't work weekends though. I'm worried about spending $10k on a treatment I don't need. I'm not scheduled to fly out until Weds. and could push it back.

Yeah I called DAN and Dan the doc said I should try to get the local doc to do a neuro exam. The guy I sww roday was not qualified but there is a gopd dive medicine doc in the island. He doesn't work weekends though. I'm worried about spwnding $10k on a treatmwnt I don't need. I'm not scheduled to fly out until Weds. and could push it back.

Sounds like you don’t have DAN dive insurance. If that’s the case, why not?

Yeah I called DAN and Dan the doc said I should try to get the local doc to do a neuro exam. The guy I sww roday was not qualified but there is a gopd dive medicine doc in the island. He doesn't work weekends though. I'm worried about spwnding $10k on a treatmwnt I don't need. I'm not scheduled to fly out until Weds. and could push it back.
What island are you on?

Is getting a chamber an option now that a few days have gone by since the dive???

The dive was yesterday. I really don't think I have DCS....my only symptoms are sinus symptoms. I was really surprised the doc said if I'm not feeling better today I should go into the recompression chamber. Thing is, with a sinus infection my symptoms are not going to resolve in a day. So I'll still be feeling the headache/pressure tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom