Documentation for Ikelite Ai/n strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougNR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently aquired an Ikelite Ai/n strobe which appears to be in good physical shape, but there is no owner's manual with it. I'd like to be able to read it over rather than make assumptions in its use although for the most part it looks pretty strightforward.

If anyone has an electronic version of the manual, or has a suggestion of where I might locate one, I'd be grateful. I have googled the hell out of this with no success so far.

My main question is battery orientation. This model takes D-cells and there is no helpful label in the battery compartment - just a spot of glue where it might have existed at some point. I could probably just trial and error this issue, but I don't want to risk damage to the unit.

You help appreciated!

azcaddman:
With the sync connector facing towards you, the right had batteries should be + up, the Left - up.

Done and it works! The capacitor formed up surprisingly fast for having not been used for a while.

Thanks very much for your help!

DougNR:
I recently aquired an Ikelite Ai/n strobe which appears to be in good physical shape, but there is no owner's manual with it. I'd like to be able to read it over rather than make assumptions in its use although for the most part it looks pretty strightforward.

If anyone has an electronic version of the manual, or has a suggestion of where I might locate one, I'd be grateful. I have googled the hell out of this with no success so far.

My main question is battery orientation. This model takes D-cells and there is no helpful label in the battery compartment - just a spot of glue where it might have existed at some point. I could probably just trial and error this issue, but I don't want to risk damage to the unit.

You help appreciated!

Looking into the battery compartment, with the control knobs on top...the left compartment, two D cells go in + positive end first, the right side cells both go in - neg. side first. Getting them backwards will not hurt them, the strobe just will not fire.
What camera and housing are you using for this strobe?

f3nikon:
What camera and housing are you using for this strobe?

Nikonos-V

I'm really more interrested in using this flash with my new Fantasea housing for the Coolpix L2, but that would require an adapter for slave firing from the internal flash. I'm heading down to Key Largo tomorrow so not enough time to sort that one out.

Cross your fingers!

The Coolpix does not have a hotshoe firing that strobe will take some work.

Back
Top Bottom