Does a D810 fit into an Ikelite D800 case?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdavey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just wondering if anyone has tried to fit a D810 into an Ikelite D800 case?
I've seen a few that have tried in different cases like Sea & Sea with varying levels of success but not anyone that's tried with Ikelite.

I think I saw a post about it on wetpixel's forum a long time ago. I will say, as a D810 shooter, that I would highly suggest you don't go that route.... spend the money on Nauticam, Aquatica, or Subal.

I have the Nauticam for my D810...it's fantastic. Everything fits perfectly, with every button and control smooth and easy to use.

The D810 body is physically larger than the D800. I have personally put a D810 into a D800 Nauticam housing by mistake. Everything seemed to be fine until I attempted to pull a vacuum on the housing. It would not hold the vacuum because the camera body was pushing slightly against the back of the housing causing the seal to be compromised. The camera may look like it is fitting, but it only takes a fraction of a millimeter to cause a flood. This is also a great reason to invest in a vacuum system as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom