Does Air Come Out of Your Eye?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F UNit:
I can blow air out of my eye as well - we are the chosen ones.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: ...I like that interpretation!!

OMG, that's disgusting!!!

I agree, it's disgusting. And I, too am one of the chosen ones. I'm not a sun sneezer either, which is also a sign of royalty.

thats awesome....I wish I could blow eye bubbles.

Blowing Bubbles out of your eyes!?! Man what will you wierdo's come up with next?

I think in the old circus shows they were called freaks and geeks.

There is an old black and white movie called freaks, I am going to see if I can find a copy and review it for bubble blowing eyeball freaks.

There will most likely be some freak "squatting under a mushroom right next to the dog faced boy."

on man the geeky references in that post.....

I get air bubbles in my eye (right) when I do a forceful valsva maneuver AND I sneeze in bright sunlight. Guess that makes me a chosen one AND Royalty ??

One thing that puzzles me though from an earlier post ...if everyone has this communication between the sinuses and the orbital floor, why do only SOME people experience the bubbles ?? By the way ...my bubbles seem to come from below/behind the globe rather than from the lacrimal duct.

'Slogger

I've never had issues equalizing due to the air leaks, but I can on demand blow air out my right eye at the inside corner. I just pinch the nose and blow gently and it will leak out. Normally I rarely have air come out as I said before, but it's easily done if I want to. During diving when I do the valsalva maneuver it's so gentle that I don't think it leaks. Above water I can do it by yawning and do it frequently, again no issues.

I read it was a problem with the one way valve not working correctly and if I recall they suggested it was caused by an infection at some point in your life. It is NOT supposed to happen in normal people from what I read, and those that know me would agree...

I wonder if I should have declared that as a medical defect on the dive app? Nah...

I too can blow air out of my eye(s).

A couple of years ago I saw an episode of Ripley's, and they had a guy squirting milk from his eye. I jumped up and was like "that's me!!" (not the milk part) They explained that it is caused by a faulty valve that normally allows passage in one direction. But in this case it would allow passage in both directions.

Man, I finally find out a 40 why air comes out my eyes... Fortunately, it does not cause me any problems when equalizing. It's only a problem when I really get stuffy and want to blow my nose!:freak:

Back
Top Bottom