Does any one Have Olympus C-50?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got the D-40 which is the earlier 4MP version. I'm quite happy with it.

The 5050 has more capabilities than the C-50. I often wish I had the super macro capabilities of the 5050, but if you are looking for something relatively easy to use in a relatively tiny package, I suspect the 50 is not a bad choice.

Steve

I have the c5050 and I am very pleased with it, I wanted a compact one bought the C50 and wasn't happy with it, I ended up with a Sony P10, very happy with it for the size, the C5050 does things the P10 doesn't.

I have an Oly C-50, which I used for the first time (both on land and underwater) last month in Little/Grand Cayman.
Its a fine camera, but if I had to do it over again, without question I would go with the 5050 for its greater capabilities. Also, the C-50 will not accomodate a 512 mb smart card without a firmware upgrade (something to keep in mind if you are thinking about maxing out your memory capability).
That said, however, I want to reiterate that the C-50 is a fine camera, easy to use, and capable of taking dynamite pics.

Seth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom