Does anybody have directions to Okinawa dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think anyone has declared them extinct but the last few rounds of protests over the airfield have lead to extensive searches and no sightings. Strange for a slow moving, often at the surface critter.

Orwan Bay - better known as Oura Wan Bay, off Camp Schwab...probably did a hundred plus dives there and never saw a one. Also lived right off the beach, and would walk along the water at night (supposedly they're out in the evening), but again, nothing. And up there you'd be able to see a big dark object when vis is near-perfect and the depth is only 7' :)

Orwan Bay - better known as Oura Wan Bay, off Camp Schwab...probably did a hundred plus dives there and never saw a one. Also lived right off the beach, and would walk along the water at night (supposedly they're out in the evening), but again, nothing. And up there you'd be able to see a big dark object when vis is near-perfect and the depth is only 7' :)

Hmmmm 100 dives...can you tell me where you dived so when I dive I don't go looking for Dugons in this in the wrong site. Did you live off of Oura Wan Bay? If so did you live off of the south side? When I have talked with the locals they state that the Dugons spend most of their time on the north side of the bay. I wonder if you could help me identify what this is from google earth compaired to the Japanese fishing boats at the same resolution.

Attachments

• Dugon.jpg
    Dugon.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 140
  • port.jpg
    port.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 154
If a picture is worth a thousand words then what is a thousand pictures worth? Here are links to not only my photos, but also my dive buddies photos, who is a semi-pro photographers photos. All of these photos were taken in Okinawa, Japan.

Enjoy,

Barracuda Smile

OkiFun's photos and albums on webshots

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/sh...0/ppuser/99256

ALL,

Please share your favorite dive sites with all of us by plotting them on a google earth map. You can also add your favorite dive shop, decompression chamber, rental centers, and training facilities.

Plot them here

http://www.hotdive.com/divemap.html

HotDive - information and social community scuba diving portal, diving, dive spots, dive sites

For your diving pleasure I have added over 100 dive sites for Okinawa, Japan
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

• HotDive_150.gif
    HotDive_150.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 162
Baracuda, does anybody dive on Okinawa other than us?? Or is it we're the only ones who know about SB?

Baracuda and Japan diver you seem to be the most vocal of divers on Okinawa, does anyone else on Okinawa or the rest of the world know about the diving on Okinawa?

Baracuda and Japan diver you seem to be the most vocal of divers on Okinawa, does anyone else on Okinawa or the rest of the world know about the diving on Okinawa?

My winter project includes ploting all Okinawa dive spots on Google Maps. I have ploted all of Okinawa, Yonaguni, and the Keramas. I have yet to plot Iromote, Ishigaki, and the rest of the Ryuku's. Would you like to share your favorite dive site with the world? Plot them on www.hotdive.com Currently I am looking for ship wrecks. Currently I have 10 to included the USS Emmons, Yamato, and the wreck in Devils Cove, Yomitan, Okinawa. Does any one want to give up the coordinates for their favorite ship wreck?

I am a strong believer in freedom and liberty. I do not like secrets. I have endeavored to combine all known published dive sites and taken the time to plot them on Google earth for everyone to use. I am sure Katamuki there is more than few sites that I have plotted on www.hotdive.com that you have never dove. However, you have chosen to be negative, and secretive, and keep your sites to yourself.

All dive sites will be eventually found and then the secret will be out. The irony would be if I find your secret wreck and plot it on Google for the freedom for every one to dive the site and experience the site. I find it likely you were just being a smart and you really don't have any thing to contribute to the benefit for the scuba board as a whole.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom