Does anybody still support Nikonos original?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Osvidar

Reaction score
Colorado - too far from salt water not counting Gr
# of dives
200 - 499
Calling all old photo gear heads.
Recently PufferFish recommended I keep my old old Nikonos original as an artifact of my longevity.
Today while choking on the price of housings - lucky to dive one week a year - thought maybe I ought to just get some o rings and a hot strobe and use the old friend to take my pics.
Does anybody still support Nikonos original?
Can I get a strobe that will synch up with the beast?
Thanks,
Oz

Southern Nikonos may still be in business..as to a strobe, ikelite sttrobes will work with nikonos 2 to 5 with no problems...think about going digital.It is actually less expensive than film cameras...no film to pay for or get developed...that alone saves me about $200.-$300. for a week long trip to islands..

And here I thought I was the only one around who still had an original Nikonos, bought in 1967 -- but I haven't taken a shot with it for years.

And yes, my avatar picture was taken with it in 1968.

Backscatter East (formerly Underwater Phototech before we merged) still services Nikonos. Fred Dion has plenty of Nikonos parts, o-rings, etc. available.

Best regards,

Jim

Back
Top Bottom