Does Anyone Know An Online Store For Purchasing NightRider Video Lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, you can check pricing and availability at Leisure-Pro.com.

B.Goodwill:
Hi There :

Can anyone gove me a link for buying NightRider video lights online?

I am trying to get quotes for the :

HID Pro 40
HID Pro 20
Vector 2

Many Thanks - Bob
Divelights International in San Diego CA is their licensed mfr. They also have an online store:
http://www.niteriderdive.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?

There's two distributors on Cayman listed:

DIVERS WORLD, LTD
DEMA CUSTOMER
809-949-7178
P.O. BOX 917 G
GRAND CAYMAN CAYMAN ISLANDS, B.

AQUATIC SUBMARINES
TRENTON FORMAN
809-949-8383
809-949-8574
P.O. BOX 1043
GEORGETOWN
GRAND CAYMAN ISLE, B.

Here's the link to Niteriders Dealer Locator:

http://www.niteriderdive.com/dealerlocator.htm

steve

They hooked up with Gates and B&H Photo may have them and they get great reviews for online stuff. I am doing the same thing you are Bob. Alot of info to go thru & it is making me crazy!! Good luck.

I'll need more than luck mate, i'll need a new extra large loan from the bank! I thought buying the housing and camera would be the end of the spending, but now i have to get a DVD burner and firewire card when i am next in the States, and then the lights which seem to cost a minimum of $1300! It never ends! I'm not even 100% certain the DVD burner and firewire card will sort out my editing problems.

B.Goodwill:
I'll need more than luck mate, i'll need a new extra large loan from the bank! I thought buying the housing and camera would be the end of the spending, but now i have to get a DVD burner and firewire card when i am next in the States, and then the lights which seem to cost a minimum of $1300! It never ends! I'm not even 100% certain the DVD burner and firewire card will sort out my editing problems.

I would hold off on the lights at least for day dives. You still get good footage without them. If you really want to film night dives then you have no choice. I wouldn't spend $1300 on my 1st set of lights but that's a totally different discussion.

Ron,

Out of interest, why not splash out on a first set of lights? I was thinking along the lines of buy a decent set of lights first time round, rather than buying some inferior ones, and then having to splash out a second time to upgrade them later on (the false economy thing.)

Bob

B.Goodwill:
Ron,

Out of interest, why not splash out on a first set of lights? I was thinking along the lines of buy a decent set of lights first time round, rather than buying some inferior ones, and then having to splash out a second time to upgrade them later on (the false economy thing.)

Bob

Underwater lighting can be a very controversial subject. You will hear very strong opinions for halogen, HID and flourescent. "so and so is better", "no, so and so sucks", opinions run the gamut.

That being said, IMHO, for hobbyist's like us, big $$ is better spent on the camcorder, housing and lenses. I've seen good footage shot with halogen, HID and flourescent.

Watch people's videos. Let your eye's, not other people's opinioins decide what is "decent" and what is not.

I use a halogen canister light with a wide angle reflector and NIMH battery. Light, battery and canister cost me < $500.

Take a look at my Kona and Turks & Caicos Part 2 videos.

http://www.ronrosa.com/ron/scuba.htm

Are my lights the best ? Definitely not. Are they decent ? IMHO, definitely yes.

Back
Top Bottom