Does anyone know the meaning of this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I saw this while diving in PG. P1010042.jpg

Last edited:
It is Korean but my dictionary is not good enough to translate it.

I saw this while diving in PG.View attachment 154422
Send this picture to all the Korean dive operators in PG eg. Club Mabuhay, Diving Park, Red Sun, Sea Queen, Song of Joy etc etc for translation.
BTW, the perpetrator might not be Korean after all!
Didn't someone posted a similar one from Anilao not too long ago?

Looks like it says the author is an @sshole - pure vandalism in my book.

When I was diving the Sabang wrecks last year we came across "Korean" divers rolling around in the sand and generally destroying the visibility around them, none of them appeared to have any air in their BCDs

I had it translated by my Korean Pastor in Korea. Hi Kuya Jim! Ang translation po nito ay "I love Lee Eun Kyeong"

I hate to stereotype, but after returning from three weeks in Anilao and Sabang (Puerto Galera) I have to say that I encountered a number of Korean dive groups who were absolutely wrecks underwater. On one occasion I had relocated a rare Rhinopias frondosa and was filming it. I noticed a group of divers in the distance and thought they were part of my group. Before I knew it the DM from the group was hovering above me and grunting loudly to attract his Korean dive group over. I was surrounded by divers with poor buoyancy flashing their strobes and practically smothering me. I was disgusted and moved away from the group since the strobes were ruining my video.

Shortly after I moved away, I encountered an ornate ghost pipefish midwater and was filming it when one of the group swam over to me. faced me and stuck his camera into my field of view. I raised up and threatened him with a punch in the face and he backed off.

When we surfaced, I learned from our guide (Ben Castillo at Club Ocellaris) that the Koreans had picked up the Rhinopias and moved it into shallower water to film it in the open (it was hiding among Halimeda algae at depth). Absolutely disgusting and one of several incidents with Korean divers while there.

There are shops in both locations that refuse to deal with divers from Korea... and for good reason. I have several Korean American friends and they would never dive like that, so I hate to stereotype. Besides, Korean women are among the most beautiful in the world!

Besides, Korean women are among the most beautiful in the world!

I hate generalizations, but you are true about this one..

Been to Korea several times, and I'm puzzled about the description of Korean divers-it doesn't fit the People I meet and see there.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I hate generalizations, but you are true about this one..
Been to Korea several times, and I'm puzzled about the description of Korean divers-it doesn't fit the People I meet and see there.
Plenty of them are over in Philippines for other above water activities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom