Does anyone make a 5mil shorty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheShark1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Traditional shorty style is what I'm looking for. Half-sleeves, half-legs, back-zip.

I've seen some that are long sleeved (jackets). And I've seen some that are sleeveless (short-johns). But I haven't been able to find anyone who makes a traditional shorty-style suit in a 5mil. Just 3mil and belows.

Anyone ever seen one?

A quick google search revealed a Pinnacle 5 mm shorty but front zip

Doesn't a shorty in 5mm kind of defeat the purpose of the thicker suit?

Many think shorties are kind of silly anyway, since they do not give any leg/arm protection from scrapes and critters. And you really need to explain why (for example) a 5mm shorty is better than a 3mm full suit to keep you warm!

Many think shorties are kind of silly anyway, since they do not give any leg/arm protection from scrapes and critters. And you really need to explain why (for example) a 5mm shorty is better than a 3mm full suit to keep you warm!
What kind of post is this. I hope your wording is off but it comes across as a demand for an explanation. I also don't know what you mean by "many think". Sounds like the straw man crap we hear from the news and politicians.

I have been diving since the 80s and have always preferred a shortie for my warm water trips and that's what I prefer. If you and many others prefer something else more power to you. I dont' think a demand for an explanation is really warranted.

What kind of post is this. I hope your wording is off but it comes across as a demand for an explanation. I also don't know what you mean by "many think". Sounds like the straw man crap we hear from the news and politicians.

I have been diving since the 80s and have always preferred a shortie for my warm water trips and that's what I prefer. If you and many others prefer something else more power to you. I dont' think a demand for an explanation is really warranted.
Chill, dude.
Marie13 says 5mm shorty seems a little strange. OP's response is rather rude. I pile on, since I agree with Marie13, and I also think shorties are a little strange. Hey, if it works for you, fine. If you got cold, would you go for a 5mm or 7mm shorty?.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom