Does anyone use the canon G-2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orbiter

Registered
Reaction score
As far as I could see it is a 4 megapixel/3X zoom camera which will enable me to evolve from an amature to a semi-pro. The only housing I found was an IKELITE model, perhaps someone knows an alternative? Id appreciate any info as to the above model and/or any other suggestions as to what I will decide to make my future digital camera and housing.
thanks

orbiter once bubbled...
As far as I could see it is a 4 megapixel/3X zoom camera which will enable me to evolve from an amature to a semi-pro. The only housing I found was an IKELITE model, perhaps someone knows an alternative? Id appreciate any info as to the above model and/or any other suggestions as to what I will decide to make my future digital camera and housing.
thanks

I've got a G2. It's a great camera, I'm extremely pleased with it and the pictures it takes. I also use the Ikelite housing. There are a few other alternatives, but just about every other housing is more expensive and many are less capable than the Ikelite. You can see the pictures I took with it through the link in my sig. All the photos were taken with the built-in flash. I have not yet purchased an external strobe, but it is definitely next on my list of future UW photo toys. If you have any other questions about the camera and/or housing, I'd be glad to answer them. Hope this helps.

-Roman.

notabob once bubbled...

I've got a G2. It's a great camera, I'm extremely pleased with it and the pictures it takes. I also use the Ikelite housing. There are a few other alternatives, but just about every other housing is more expensive and many are less capable than the Ikelite. You can see the pictures I took with it through the link in my sig. All the photos were taken with the built-in flash. I have not yet purchased an external strobe, but it is definitely next on my list of future UW photo toys. If you have any other questions about the camera and/or housing, I'd be glad to answer them. Hope this helps.

-Roman.

Nice pictures, Roman!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom