Does commercial ruin recreational?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It didn't ruin it for me but it took some of the wonder out of it.
Dawn til dusk 4 to 7 days in a row 2 to 4 times a month diving where I was will do that.Seen enough planes,wrecks,reefs,nudibranchs,lobster et to be a Nat Geo series for life.
Add in the wife or some new guy and showing them a little part of it brings back all the joy.

It hasn't ruined it for me. I work as a commercial diver at power plants, sewage plants and ship repair, I also scrub boats on the weekends for fun. A lot of days I will actually go scuba diving before going to one of my diving jobs. I just feel that commercial diving gives you the chance to do see things, do things and dive places that regular divers don't get to experience.

I’m guessing you don’t go too deep, either at work or play, although I’ve done plenty time at power plants and you can get a decent depth at some points. Do you log the scuba dive and consider the day’s work a repet? And tell the other guys/supervisor? You know why I’m asking- I think the company insurance investigator would do cartwheels if you had a diving issue at work, and he found out he could blame it on a scuba dive earlier that day...

Any time I used to go out diving outside work, (usually scalloping) it was demarcation - work or play, no mix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom