does Hollis support actually exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the input, guys. I was researching a Hollis product, pre-purchase, and can't get anyone on the phone today to answer a question. After reading this, I'll be surprised if they respond to my VM. I shop online, as their are no dive shops close to me, and I need the better pricing. Are all the Huish companies as poorly managed? I called the same number with a question on an Atomic product, and got the same VM system....

@Peter McCann unsure what time you called, but it is new years eve and a monday so it wouldn't surprise me if they are closed today.

On the rest of them, you can search around and come to your own conclusions
And if not closed, then just a skeleton crew around.

Yes, I'm aware many businesses are closed for the holidays. My concern is that the input I am finding here seems to follow a pattern of slow to no response through the channels Huish offers...concerns about no responses on Hollis issues, Atomic reg parts orders taking a month or more to ship, etc. Some of the positive service experiences posted are 2016 or older. When did Huish acquire Atomic, Hollis & others? I just invested in a expensive Atomic reg set, and I'd like to think parts would be readily available when needed...and that I don't have to waste valuable time driving back and forth to dive shops, or have warranty service compromised because I purchased an item online. Huish Outdoors issues

Left 2 VMs on 12/31 on the Huish CS line: one on a Atomic product, and the other on a Hollis product. No reply on either as of today, 1/4. I suppose as long as customers accept being treated unprofessionally, it will continue.

Yeah and how many of these are owned by the big H?

I agree. Ever since Huish bought all these guys and is now a huge monopoly, they don't give a crap about any issues. I've got loads of oceanic products, and I can't get a hold of anyone anymore for some issues I"m having. Used to like Oceanic, but I'm feeling for any new gear, it's not going to come from any of the "Big H" folks now.

Never did receive a reply on either message left on 12/31. If it's impossible to get info pre-sale, what does that say about how a problem would be handled?

so after 10 (ten) fkn months I've got notified that the computer is heading back to me.
and was charged $300 for the service.

verdict: do not buy anything from Huish Outdoors more complex than the mask or fins.

some pics of what happened:

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

and a video of "empty logbook entry" (of the dive when the computer failed for the first time):
https://vovan.xxx/temp/hollis/VID_20181205_154721_.mp4

Back
Top Bottom