Does it always take a long time to get certs issued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IanBrit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Every one of my TDI certs has taken at least a month to be registered on the online app - just wondering if this is slow processing, an issue with the dive center or something else.

I'm guessing an issue with the dive shop. The SDI certs I issue get the cards to the students about a week from when I submit them. That doesn't mean the students always get their cards in a week, however.....

Every one of my TDI certs has taken at least a month to be registered on the online app - just wondering if this is slow processing, an issue with the dive center or something else.

Either laziness or a cash flow problem. Or, some of both. I know of Instructor's and stores that well, uh lied. Funny when the student w/o C-card called the agency months after being told it was submitted found out it had not been submitted.

-Bill

In the case of TDI I can assure you the problem is at the dive shop end. They excel at speedy cert card returns. If it was certain other agencies I would be less inclined to blame the shop.

My full cave card arrived from Singapore to my home in Europe in 10 days after finishing my full cave course. Very fast.

when cards take a long time to get to the diver, it is RARELY the agency's fault. I typically have cards in hand in less than a week after submitting

Our local office here in Singapore is excellent. Very quick after submitting the course online. Your problem may be on the shop end, or that we are spoilt here in SE Asia
Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The shop where I got my TDI advanced gas blending certification submitted the material online in front of me at the end of the class and then printed a card on the spot. It's hard to get any faster than that.

We are sorry you experienced a delay in receiving your card. As previously stated, many locations today have the ability in their facility to print the card immediately. We do however suggest to divers, if they do not receive their card within a few weeks they can contact us and we will see what the potential hold-up may be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom