Does my Shearwater Teric require a service and how often?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

delacrue96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had my Shearwater Teric for five months and it works great. Does it require a service and how often? Thanks much!

I've had my Shearwater Teric for five months and it works great. Does it require a service and how often? Thanks much!
No service - just rinse it in freshwater and dry before storage - it’s all in the manual.

If stored for long periods of time, check the battery charge level periodically and recharge as necessary to make sure it does not ever drain completely as that can affect the long term battery life.

The battery will have to be replaced at some point. I’ve seen estimates of ~ 5 year battery life - but the indicator will be when it becomes an issue with not properly holding or taking a charge.

Great! Here's the info from the manual, pg 85:

18. Servicing There are no user serviceable parts inside the Teric or transmitters. Do not tighten or remove the faceplate screws. Clean with water ONLY. Any solvents may damage the Teric dive computer. Service of the Shearwater Teric may only be done at Shearwater Research, or by any of our authorized service centers. Contact Info@shearwater.com for service requests. Evidence of tampering will void your warranty!

Back
Top Bottom