Does ScubaBoard have a twin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
What's with this...

... a new forum that is almost identical to ScubaBoard... maybe you've seen it.

Can they do that? :D
Is this another forum that you fellas set up?

Somethin' about it don't seem right to me...

This one looks almost exactly like SB. I find it very odd that they would essentially copy our forum titles. I don't know... it's just weird.

Not only is it NOT us, but they have attempted to steal many of our users by spamming them via PM. We believe this to be C-D-N-N, a site so outrageous that we censor it or RebreatherDave a user banned for his abusive style. They WON'T tell me who they are so I have censored their site as well. Please do not try to subvert our censor.

If you get ANY unsolicited PMs asking you to join another site, please forward them straight to ME. Spam is simply against the TOS. You are allowed to promote your site within your sig line and with an announcement in the proper zone. I support many online communities, especially www.DivePhotoGuide.com www.DiverWire.com, www.xray-mag.com, www.deeperblue.net, www.thedecostop.com as well as others. However, we don't feel obliged to support those communities who are actively recruiting here. I wish everyone well, but not at OUR expense. Trying to subvert this process only makes you look guilty.

NetDoc:
Trying to subvert this process only makes you look guilty.

I hope you didn't mean me, Pete. I just ran across it this morning and it sorta pissed me off. Sorry if it looked that way... I edited my post so that there is no way anyone can identify the site to which I was referring. It looks brand new and I thought that maybe you guys were not aware of it.

No... it wasn't you Steve. :D You are up front in this, simply asking the question. I have nothing but contempt for a site that tries to steal from others.

When I set up our local board for our LDS, a forum that we mostly use to arrange rides for our trips, I looked at the SB format for some ideas. I was new at that sorta thing and had no idea how to set it up. But to copy SB almost word for word is sick. I don't know who these guys are either... it doesn't give that info on their site. I didn't join but I noticed that quite a few of our regulars have. TRAITORS! :D Shame on you fellas! Where's your loyalty? :eyebrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom