Does this itinerary make any sense? Thailand and Lembeh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Luko, it could be "Do you feel lucky?" :p

Yes, it does but doesn't that take you out of Raja Ampat season into Komodo season?

Yes, it does but doesn't that take you out of Raja Ampat season into Komodo season?

It is probably the tail end of Raja Ampat season though others have mentioned on this board that you can dive it year round. I have been there in October and April (beginning and end of high season). It is very good diving even in April...I was there then this year. :) No weather/sea condition issues. Given the time availability the OP has, I would steer him towards Komodo. You can see Komodo and do it justice in 7 days but not Raja Ampat.

I concur I had very good diving on Raja Ampat in April.
at this period of the year 7 days in Raja Ampat in a resort like RADL+Lembeh would be an excellent choice.
(I would say April is a wee bit early for Komodo)

Luko, good to know that April is still Raja time.

There's no way that anyone will be able to convince me that 7 days in Raja Ampat is enough.

Given absolutely no choice in the matter, then I would go to Lembeh first then to Raja.

Smh

A week at Raja pffftt no not enough

There's no way that anyone will be able to convince me that 7 days in Raja Ampat is enough.

Given absolutely no choice in the matter, then I would go to Lembeh first then to Raja.

Smh

A week at Raja pffftt no not enough
You don't have to dive Raja4 like it were the last dives of your life... agreed 7 days is not enough for North+South but that's not too bad for a first stay around Dampier and preferably in a resort (no advantage of diving Dampier only on a liveaboard).
Agreed also I would favor more time in R4 than Lembeh but the transfer times will take them at least one day so it will be something like 7 days Raja4 and 5 days Lembeh.
Inversely I would do Lembeh second because the dives are more relaxing than R4 currenty spots.

On a personal side, I don't like diving everyday for more than a week anywhere. I feel a need to rest after 5-6 consecutive days of 3-4 dives a day where I'm systematically on deco at the end of the day. I don't think I have ever done more than 9 days this was Alor twice and I got stranded 2 days in the midst of the stay for belly issues (surfaced in front of a village at the wrong place on the wrong moment, probably on a sewer flush... yummy...)

You don't have to dive Raja4 like it were the last dives of your life... agreed 7 days is not enough for North+South but that's not too bad for a first stay around Dampier and preferably in a resort (no advantage of diving Dampier only on a liveaboard).
Agreed also I would favor more time in R4 than Lembeh but the transfer times will take them at least one day so it will be something like 7 days Raja4 and 5 days Lembeh.
Inversely I would do Lembeh second because the dives are more relaxing than R4 currenty spots.

On a personal side, I don't like diving everyday for more than a week anywhere. I feel a need to rest after 5-6 consecutive days of 3-4 dives a day where I'm systematically on deco at the end of the day. I don't think I have ever done more than 9 days this was Alor twice and I got stranded 2 days in the midst of the stay for belly issues (surfaced in front of a village at the wrong place on the wrong moment, probably on a sewer flush... yummy...)

Can't imagine only diving for one week anywhere. Yes, I've done that but it's not my favorite.

Yes, I've missed diving but so far no transfers because of belly problems, so lots of empathy there.

Your story is . . .bleck. i don't want to think about it.

My reason for saying Lembeh first is to get tuned up for Raja and also because I find Lembeh diving kind of boring in between finding the treasures.

Whereas Raja mostly has my mind blown in one way or another and I enjoy it even more if I've already been diving recently and I'm all dialed in.

I think that is an excellent choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom