Does This Tank Need To Be Cleaned?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just had this LP72 steel tank tumbled and then hydro tested. It passed and came back like this (see pictures).

Does the bottom of the tank need to be cleaned more?

IMG_9584.JPG
IMG_9585.JPG

Shoot. The bottom was the reason I had it tumbled. Guess I wasted my money there.

if it looks like that after tumbling, you need to get your money back... When you get it back from tumbling, there should be nothing left on the walls, or the bottom. It looks like they "tumbled" it, but didn't do it properly.... sorry

It needs more work for me to be satisfied with it.

Look on the bright side it looks like they almost finished the sides of the tank.

If thats what they call a "Tumble"...and / or "clean"...I shudder to think what other maintenance and/or dive practices they engage in.
Get your money back...and warn all your dive buddys.

oh, just reread the OP. The tank shouldn't have looked like that coming out of the tumble session and unless the hydro shop botched the job and let it sit with water in it for a few days, the bottom shouldn't look like that... You need a new dive shop buddy because this one clearly doesn't know what they're doing

1. get a refund on the tumbling
2. find a shop that can use an extension brush on the bottom (quicker than tumbling)
3. if you have it tumbled again - ask to check it before paying for it
4. relax - the walls look real good

1. get a refund on the tumbling
2. find a shop that can use an extension brush on the bottom (quicker than tumbling)
3. if you have it tumbled again - ask to check it before paying for it
4. relax - the walls look real good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom