Doing equipment check/proficiency dive in Lake Chatuge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

9mmMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I live in Hayesville, right above Lake Chatuge. I have been an avid diver, except for the last year. I want to do a check dive for me and my equipment so I can get back into it. I need a buddy for a dive on the 21st if possible. Anyone in this area want to do a dive with me?

Mike

Having to delay the dive until the 28th. Dive computer battery dead and canister light battery wont charge. ALso need to rebuild the inflator valve on the wing. Good thing I decided to do an equipment check. My primary rig second stage covers had dry rotted, the rubber just fell apart when I was testing them. Luckily the backup regs used hard plastic for the covers and they are fine. I could dive without the computer and light (I don’t intend to go much deeper than 30-40 feet) but without knowing visibility in Lake Chatuge I wold rather not risk it. I will replace the inflator with one from an old BCD.

Ordered new batteries for my Luna and transmitter, ordered replacement covers for the Oceanic Alpha 8 secondaries and moved a corrugated hose from an old Oceanic BCD to my wing. Ordered a new battery pack for my canister HID. Moved the good secondaries and two fill hoses (one for wing, one for dry suit) and a gage set onto my backup Apex primary. As soon as i get in the batteries i should be ready to go. Glad i am doing this now instead of just before the vacation where i need the gear ready to go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom