Dolfin tech.

Would you buy this one? Considering its lower price or the aqulung pro hd

• Dolfin tech jt30

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Aqualung Pro HD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi has anyone of you used or is using currently the dolfin tech jt30. I am also considering of buying this one. How is it? Any comments pros or cons is most welcome.

how much are you paying

how much are you paying
around 20K + pesos. compelete setup with quick release straps left side. and weight system pouch both sides.and crotch strap included. SS b/p 30 lbs, wings with s/s tank adaptor. if I can find something cheaper and good quality. that would be better for me.

Honestly, I would look at the DGX setup. You're diving here locally diba? No need for SS backplate, go aluminum, otherwise you may find yourself overweighted.

More info needed:
What wetsuit and other gear are you diving with?

Traveling via Cebu Pacific much? (think luggage weight)

Honestly, I would look at the DGX setup. You're diving here locally diba? No need for SS backplate, go aluminum, otherwise you may find yourself overweighted.

More info needed:
What wetsuit and other gear are you diving with?

Traveling via Cebu Pacific much? (think luggage weight)
hi, when you bought your DGX setup did you buy it on line? How much is the tax or what% is the tax for such item.Does DGX has a quick released strap? I did'nt see any quick release harness.

An old dive buddy used to dive a dolphin tech backplate and wing. It worked well and he liked it. It is basically a copy of a Halcyon wing. Remember you will need a single-tank adapter because the wing does not have slots cut into it.

If you are looking for a quick-release harness you can purchase it from DGX also.

upload_2019-4-30_0-46-40.png

I bought this one back in 2011 in Asia. Done over 2000 dives with it is salt water, fresh water and pool water. Still in use now, sometimes by OW students. Never had any issues with it!

hi, when you bought your DGX setup did you buy it on line? How much is the tax or what% is the tax for such item.Does DGX has a quick released strap? I did'nt see any quick release harness.

I don't have the setup personally.... I based my statement on what I should have purchased... I am actually diving an Aqualung Outlaw with Rogue waistbands and a custom crotch strap adapter, but in hindsight should have gone with an aluminum backplate setup. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy with my setup, especially for weight/travel (my dive gear flight-weight is about 13kg incl fins), but if I were to do it over again.... I'd go aluminum plate for stability.

(The Outlaw dives well, but does have some wobble due to the "soft plate" style, it was a trade off for travel weight.)

But anyways, for warm water diving with 3mm full wetsuit I would suggest aluminum plates. For someone diving 7mm or drysuit in northern California/Washinton, go steel, but it's likely too heavy for warm water.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention ordering... You can order from DGX online or via Phone if you prefer, their customer service is great. Shipping from the US can be costly... Do you or someone you know travel to US much or at all? I usually ask a buddy who is traveling to bring the stuff, free domestic shipping in the US and PH delivery only costs me a few beers for whomever brought my stuff :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom