Dolphins are man's freind and we should protect them

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phunk:
divers get caught in nets too sometimes, although I admit that humans aren't all intelligent.

phunk: Yes, several on this board prove that daily. I've been diving with Dolphins and Whales. These mammals seem very tolerant of us humans. I had a great dive in Puget Sound with a pod of Orca's. They seemed to know that I was just a very vunerable human in their environment. They have very "intelligent" eyes, not fish like. They look you over and then, at least in my case, move on to more interesting things.

If some of you divers had the pleasure of diving with wild dolphin you would better appreciate why it is essential they not be slaughtered. They communicate with each other with their own form of language-clicks, are very social, inact with humans well, are intelligent, are beautiful and playful, can be trained and are an important part of a healthy ocean.

mdb:
They have very "intelligent" eyes, not fish like.

.....maybe because they're not fish?

I have a dolphin tattooed on my arm... does that make me special in a dolphins eyes??

OT: Howarde, I just noticed your avatar now... :rofl3:

"Was is over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!!!"

fishb0y:
Alright... I'll take the bait that you put out twice... but I thought the last Gulf War was the money-oil-land-power war?... Peacenics like yourself have dubbed this one the 'Lying about WMDs' war... I think it's time you go back to your 'Liberal Whiners Excuses Handbook' and hop back on the party line.

I think it would be more truthful if you said you would rather see an American Serviceman dead, instead of using the best tool for the job. But if saying it your way makes you feel better about yourself, I understand.

No dude dont get me wrong.
I think what you said is far aggresive when u assume what I prefer .. "an american serviceman dead",
I do think that war was a very bad thing to happen, dont blame anybody in particular and wouldnt want anyone to suffer from it, but we cant just justify it on no-money reasons. And if I am a peacenic because I prefer peace, I am. Discussion way out this thread, and YES this thread is getting bad
See jah

pilot fish:
If some of you divers had the pleasure of diving with wild dolphin you would better appreciate why it is essential they not be slaughtered. They communicate with each other with their own form of language-clicks, are very social, inact with humans well, are intelligent, are beautiful and playful, can be trained and are an important part of a healthy ocean.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Technology/News/0,,2-13-1443_1984422,00.html

I love this quote: "We believe the United States' citizens deserve the very best defense possible and this just isn't it," Boyles said, adding that dolphins are easily distracted once in open water. "They don't understand the consequences of what will happen if they don't carry out the mission."

I guess we shouldn't use bomb sniffing dogs in airports either since they don't understand anything past "I won't get my biscuit."

Now protecting a naval base against swimmers sounds a little like manufacturing a problem to me, but the arguments in the article against this are really out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom