Domain TryOutDive.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TryOutDive_com

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I sell the Domain

TryOutDive.com

Are you interested? Please send me a private Message or an Email: 84ck80n3 (@) gmail.com

I'll pay whatever it costs to transfer the domain.

:D Nice try! :laughing:

Isn't domain squatting illegal?

nope.gif
No!

Isn't domain squatting illegal?

Only if it belongs to a company, company trademark or existing known entity. This one definitely does not meet those standards. :bandit:

I've been valuing and buying domains for ages, I was being generous with my offer.

For anyone else considering buying any domains that aren't direct from a domain registrar, here are a few (of many) things to consider when buying a domain name:

• Age of domain. The longer the domain has been registered, the easier it is to make it rank. TryOutDive.com has been registered for 14 days, so no benefit here.
• Backlinks to a domain. The more high quality backlinks, the easier it is to rank. TryOutDive.com has zero backlinks.
• Social shares of a domain. If a domain already has social shares, it's easier to build social trust when launching your new site. TryOutDive.com has zero social shares.
• Search traffic based on keywords in the domain. If the keywords found in a domain have a high traffic potential, it can some times be easier to rank more quickly for those keywords. Both "Tryout dive" and "Try out dive" have zero estimated traffic according to Google.
• Brand value. This is the "OMG I just love this domain name and must have it!" part of it. So if you ignore all the objective reasons to buy/not buy a domain and instead prefer to go with subjective/non-quantifiable reasons, you can override all of the other things to consider when buying a domain.

I only buy domains direct from a registrar or ones that meet the above criteria (except the last one), so the value of this domain to anyone who understands SEO is whatever it would cost to transfer it (<$10), maybe if you're feeling generous throw in an extra $10 for the cost of the original registration.

Best of luck though, there are definitely plenty of people in this industry who don't know much about SEO/online marketing who may be more easily parted with their hard-earned money.

Last edited:
In the 90s.... somebody bought the Domain sex-com....
Age of Domain? Brandnew!
Backlinks? Impossible!
SEO? Nobody knows about!
..... and he sold it for 13.000.000,-$
Almost the same with candy-com in 2009.... and many more Domains.

I tried quite a few of my domains, terribly inaccurate on traffic data (not surprising), but got quite a few that were $XX,XXX or more.

---------- Post added June 26th, 2014 at 04:05 PM ----------

Try coffeecup.com, which is what hotdog.com redirects to:

coffeecup.com website value - $609,120.00 - Net Valuator

---------- Post added June 26th, 2014 at 04:15 PM ----------

And sex.com sold when it was 15 years old, had an established site, and plenty of backlinks, so there's really no grounds for comparison there.

Back
Top Bottom