Dome and gear for Tokina 12-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is there any recommended configuration for the above ? Couldn't find the lens in the port charts.

I would like to use the compact dome port, but not sure which extension /

Thanks

Japan has not tested this lens, however, based on the specs we would recommend using the NX Fisheye Dome #56401 or you could consider the SX extension Ring #50261 plus the NX Compact Dome #56601. A gear might be close by using the 31107 12-24 Nikkor gear. The lenses are close in dimensions Tokina = 84mm (D) x89mm (L), Nikkor = 82mm(D) x 90mm (L).
Again, these are not tested and verified, but you could certainly extrapolate this info and test image quality/fit for the gear etc.

We have set many people up with this lens in Sea and Sea housings. I always recommend the NX fisheye dome port over the other compact dome ports for the best image quality.

Extension ring 40, +2 diopter with the NX fisheye port, or +4 diopter with the compact dome ports. There is no gear available from Sea and Sea, but we have machined a gear to fit this lens.

Best regards,

Jim
Backscatter

We have set many people up with this lens in Sea and Sea housings. I always recommend the NX fisheye dome port over the other compact dome ports for the best image quality.

Extension ring 40, +2 diopter with the NX fisheye port, or +4 diopter with the compact dome ports. There is no gear available from Sea and Sea, but we have machined a gear to fit this lens.

Best regards,

Jim
Backscatter

Thanks Jim - How much would be the gear you make ? Would you ship it to Singapore ?
Regards

Thanks - I do have a compact dome port and SX extension, but the lens is very close to the port (not even sure I can add a diopter). Would I get decent results with this config, or do I need to get the 40 exension ring ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom