Dome port for DC2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djasonburt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am very new to underwater digital photography. Until just weeks ago I had only used a compact nikon AW series.
I am looking at lenses for my new DC2000 and would like a large dome for dramatic over/under surface shots. Can anyone tell me if any aftermarket or other brands will fit my housing?
I see the wide angle sl975 as a good option, but prefer something larger. Or am I wrong for wanting more?
Your input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I am very new to underwater digital photography. Until just weeks ago I had only used a compact nikon AW series.
I am looking at lenses for my new DC2000 and would like a large dome for dramatic over/under surface shots. Can anyone tell me if any aftermarket or other brands will fit my housing?
I see the wide angle sl975 as a good option, but prefer something larger. Or am I wrong for wanting more?
Your input is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, the port isn't shaped in a way that you can fit a wet lens adapter to it, and, as far as I know, there are no wet lens swing adapters specifically measured for the housing. So, the only WA wet lens that will fit onto the DC2000 is the SL975 unless you want to just manually hold it in front of the port while taking o/u shots. But my guess is that wouldn't be worth the hassle. That being said, I like the SL975 quite a bit. While not a giant dome fisheye, I think it does still get out to 19mm, which is pretty good.

Unfortunately, the port isn't shaped in a way that you can fit a wet lens adapter to it, and, as far as I know, there are no wet lens swing adapters specifically measured for the housing. So, the only WA wet lens that will fit onto the DC2000 is the SL975 unless you want to just manually hold it in front of the port while taking o/u shots. But my guess is that wouldn't be worth the hassle. That being said, I like the SL975 quite a bit. While not a giant dome fisheye, I think it does still get out to 19mm, which is pretty good.

Thanks. In my extensive search on the google machine, I can't even find reducers to fit any common size. I suppose the sl975 it shall be.

Thanks. In my extensive search on the google machine, I can't even find reducers to fit any common size. I suppose the sl975 it shall be.

You just bought mine on eBay...lol. I sent you a PM on here this morning hoping to avoid the eBay charges if you were interested...lol.

A question about the SL975 (maybe @SeaLife Cameras can answer this):

The instruction manual for the Fisheye Wide Angle Lens (SL975) states that "The camera’s focus setting must be set to “Macro Focus” or “Super Macro Focus” or the resulting picture/video will not be in focus." Is this true for the DC2000?

It seems that the SL975 is an older lens that is no longer made and I assume the manual was referring to using it with the DC1400.

Thanks,

Win

So, I think the SL050 is their new/current lens. The SL975 states that it can be used with any DC series camera. I picked up a SL975 yesterday to use with a DC2000 but I haven't tried it out yet. The SL975 does connect to the DC2000 without any problem.

To answer my own questions for anyone interested:

I spoke to SeaLife today and they were very helpful as always. The SL975 is compatible with the DC2000 and AF, Macro, and Super Macro all work well with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom