Dominica - Castle Comfort vs Fort Young

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasprout

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Looking for feedback from some one who has stayed at both Castle Comfort and Fort Young that can give me there opinions. Looking to bring a group there and trying to decide where to stay. We stayed at CC about 10 years ago but it looks like a lot has changed since then. Room quality? Food quality? On site shore dive quality? Thanks for your help!

I've never stayed at Fort Young and I haven't been to Castle Comfort Lodge for awhile; but I just wanted to make sure you are aware that the island is recovering slowly from a disastrous tropical storm. The airport was closed for an extended period and some regions of the island were still without electricity (the last I heard anyway).

Dominica is beautiful, the people are friendly, and the diving is lovely and unique, so I hope that you are able to take your group there.

My only comment about your question is that although I didn't stay at Fort Young, I really didn't care much for the city of Rosseau; I thought it was rather depressing. In contrast Castle Comfort was situated in a very pretty location. Good luck!

"I've received this message from Castle Comfort Lodge in Dominica following Tropical Storm Erika:

Castle Comfort Lodge We were truly blessed, minor damages here, but the country has suffered some major infrastructure setbacks... We will be re opened from October 12, 2015 with our supportive team of staff to do what we do best! thank you for thinking of us..."

I often send folks to Jungle Bay but this is not really a dive resort. It is about an hour drive from Jungle Bay to the dive op. For pure diving, Buddy Dive from Bonaire is now teamed with the Fort Young and that would be my recommendation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom