Dominican Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

canman147

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going to the DR at the end of January and staying in Punta Cana at NH real arena. I am an experienced diver and wondering wear and what sites I should take in. Can someone help me out. I realize that Dessel has a dive operation on the resort but want to get the best of my dive time while I am there. Also does anyone know if I can get bottles filled there to do shore dives. If there is shore dives from that resort?

Ryan

As far as I know, none of the dive shops here in Dominican Republic fill tanks like in Canada and US. I was surprised as well when I came here first time.
All dive sites are away from shore, so you would have to do lots of swimming to get anywhere, all of them are boat ride distance. Dressel is a good dive shop, some divers say they have higher prices, but if you book online they offer a discount.

DRSHARKY,

So if I am staying at NH real arena what are my options of getting to you? Just a taxi? Also your dive prices on your web site are 300USD for 4 tanks? Is this correct? I am not sure but it seems a little high or maybe that is just the price for DR. From what I am reading diving in the South is where I should go. However, cost is a factor..

Ryan

Ryan, you can also rent a car, that would be around 50 - 60 USD per day (plus gas of course). If you have never driven in countries like Dominican Republic, I wouldn't suggest it much. Most of the resorts bring tourist to our area for trips, so you could try to get ride with their bus, I don't know how much they charge, you would have to probably pay for the whole trip plus diving here, so it wouldn't be any cheaper.

The price what is on our website is for a package that includes one day double tank dive at local dive sites and one day is a day trip to either Catalina or Saona Island with a refreshment, drinks and lunch included. If you want to get more prices send me an email to info@divingdominicanrepublic.com. Vlad

Back
Top Bottom