Don Foster's to close permanently

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently closing for good. They said goodbye on their FB page. Hope you are well.

Slightly tumultuous here as I think for most in our business! Due to current situation have paused my career in diving, let's see how our industry develops the coming year...

Hope you are managing in Cayman!

"Every one percent unemployment goes up, 40,000 people die"

That was a great line by Brad Pitt from the movie The Big Short, however actual non-fictional Research studies have shown that population mortality actually declines as unemployment rates increase.

How Is It Possible that Joblessness Could Kill You, But Recessions Could Be Good For Your Health? - DrexelNow

A really bad recession could be great for your health

Well done. Further proof that so-called conventional wisdom frequently doesn't withstand serious fact-based scrutiny/analysis.

Calico Jack’s has announced that they are closing permanently. It has been on the cards but no doubt the current situation has moved up the date. Another special place bites the dust :(
We frequently walk down the beach and stop for a drink there at night when we are on Grand Cayman - what a shame! I feel for these business owners - very difficult.

Oh my. I surely hope that the April trip will happen! We will all be out of business otherwise. It is wonderful that a venerable old brand like Don Fosters is going to continue. Many ops will change hands or have to regroup when this is all over. It will be a whole new business plan and operation for DF and we all hope it works. So dramatic how the paper says bought the business back from the dead. It had assets including client lists, brand, etc. it closed it doors but wasn’t in a coffin.

Oh my. I surely hope that the April trip will happen! We will all be out of business otherwise.
I'm not counting on it - I'd guess no better than a 50/50 chance of it happening at this point: much higher if a vaccine is available in early 2021... but, hopefully, something to look forward to along with my rescheduled Fiji trip for next August (this August was just canceled) and Raja Apat liveaboard in Feb 2022.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom