Donating A Wetsuit In Excellent Condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a women's size 20 Henderson's 3 mm shorty wetsuit that was worn for one week. I feel bad dropping it off at Goodwill or a like place--is there an operation that takes diving equipment in excellent condition? I'm happy to ship it somewhere--I live in NYC. Thank you!

I am a brand spanking new diver! I have just completed my classes and waiting for the rest of the snow to melt before my open water section of my instruction :) I would be interested if it is my size -- Are wetsuits sized like women's clothing? You don't look like a size 20!

Try an organization like Diveheart- they are always looking for gear. Diveheart

I am a brand spanking new diver! I have just completed my classes and waiting for the rest of the snow to melt before my open water section of my instruction :) I would be interested if it is my size -- Are wetsuits sized like women's clothing? You don't look like a size 20!

I've lost (And, thankfully, kept off) weight since I bought the suit! Here is a photo of it: Thermoprene™ Shorty (Front Zip) - Henderson Sports

and here is their size chart. Yes, the sizes run like normal women's sizes If you can use it, let me know and I'll send it to you if you'll pay the postage.

Size Chart | Special Fit Information

I donated a brand new wetsuit to Diveheart too. Awesome organization.

I've lost (And, thankfully, kept off) weight since I bought the suit! Here is a photo of it: Thermoprene™ Shorty (Front Zip) - Henderson Sports

and here is their size chart. Yes, the sizes run like normal women's sizes If you can use it, let me know and I'll send it to you if you'll pay the postage.

Size Chart | Special Fit Information
Thank you ! I've looked at their size chart and it looks like I would fall below this size, so I will unfortunately pass. congrats on your weight loss!

If you decide to donate the wetsuit, another worthy recipient would be to a dive shop that teaches Wounded Warriors. Duggan Diving in San Antonio is one such dive shop. The owner, John Duggan, a retired Air Force officer donates his time and equipment to giving free OW dive training to our wounded veterans. I also have high regard for the Diveheart organization, so either would put your wetsuit to good use.

Back
Top Bottom