Donin fins in the water with DS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

0ctoman

Registered
Reaction score
I got a hold of a Viking DS but it fits a bit loose on the legs and tight on the upper body hence, I cannot use thick material undergarment so I've been using to dive in water temp as low as 5C however, I always have problem donin my fins. I wear 9-9.5 shoes depending on brand, this suit has a 11 in sole integrated boot. So I use a winter boot felt on top of my ski socks in order to fill the empty space. When in the water, I feel like I cannot insert the foot all the way into the opening of the fins (fins are Jetfins XL and Regular Hollis Batfins). My buddies always have to help me put the fins on.

What could I do to be able to do it myself? Has anyone have such issues? Anyone?

Larger fin pocket?

Tried a pair of Turtle XXL and the pocket felt loose in the water and not being able to control the kicks. Wondering if I should just wear the socks making the boot thinner in the water due to pressure and make it easier to get in my XL fins

Depending on how much trouble you have, silicone spray on the inside of the fin foot pocket might help some.

Depending on how much trouble you have, silicone spray on the inside of the fin foot pocket might help some.

Hum! that sounds like it might work, makes sense. I'll have to try it next time. Thanks Marie13

Alright this sounds all jacked up.

Get a drysuit that fits. Fit is extremely important for buoyancy, safety, and comfort. You need to be able to use the proper thickness of undergarments. The boots need to fit your feet. Fins need to fit properly over the boot easily. Living with half-assed solutions to make improperly sized gear work is okay - until it it becomes a compounding factor in an emergency. Plus it will make every dive that much more frustrating and uncomfortable. I've been down the path of trying to live with an improperly sized drysuit. And fins. It sucks.

At the very least you could change out the boots on the suit to something that fits your feet. But it sounds like you need to go for a totally different better-fitting suit. Watch for deals on used ones.

If you do decide to keep doing what you're doing, XL jet fins and regular Hollis F1s are definitely too small for that size drysuit boot. Try a size up.

Yeah right especially on the boat ladder

Reactions: OTF
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom