Donning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68:
It makes donning latex seals much easier and it's cleaner than having white powder (talc) all over the place.

Precisely. Personally my issue is getting out of the suit rather than getting in the suit. If my hands don't get wet or sweaty, I can get into the suit just fine without anything. It's when my hands are wet and I'm trying to get out of the suit that I need something.

And talc just doesn't do much good when trying to get out of a damp suit. Not to mention it's messy and eventually gets into your valves and such.

And it's a great conversation piece, intimidator [when combined with a nod, a psycho grin, and gestures with a scout light], and the entertainment potential is only limited by your creativity.

[when combined with a nod, a psycho grin, and gestures with a scout light]
I've seen this look. Unfortunately, it's pretty normal for Spetre! :D

CALI68:
It makes donning latex seals much easier and it's cleaner than having white powder (talc) all over the place.

You can't win with the stuff that helps get the latex seals on. If you have a little bag of white powder..you get Sh*##t and if you bust out the KY you get the kind stuff you're throwin' down. :)
My little spray bottle of 50/50 baby shampoo & water defogs the mask, makes putting on/taking off latex seals easy, lubricates zippers...
Rick

Mo2vation:
.....bring up the crotch strap and run it up the center of the BP and loop over the 1st stage and it sort of holds it all together.

It makes a neat, narrow package that keeps everything off the deck and off the bench. So when the guys on either side some in, they're not setting their tanks on my hose or SPG, etc.

I assume your talking singles? With doubles I route the croch strap up and put it over the isolator knob.

I still havn't quite gotten down where to stuff all the extra hose/cord on the long hose and new canister light when wearing the rig onto the boat

netmage:
I assume your talking singles? With doubles I route the croch strap up and put it over the isolator knob.

I still havn't quite gotten down where to stuff all the extra hose/cord on the long hose and new canister light when wearing the rig onto the boat
I have innertube bands (2) around each tank where I stuff the hose and the cord - this accomplishes two essential tasks: first, it gets the hose and cord out of the way and keeps the regulator in a safe place until I'm ready to route them when suiting up, and second, it drives any DIR'ers that happen to be around nuts :wink:
Rick

netmage:

Single. Just a single tank rec weenie guy. No doubles...

K

I simply clip most everything on the right off on the right chest D-ring to suit up. I sometimes loop the bungee through the D and then over the reg, but sometimes I use the clip that is attached to my primary. The left only has the Cobra clipped to the waist D-ring.

My biggest problem is the arthritus that I suffer from. My hands don't unclip things like they used to and I can't bend legs and torsos as easily any more either. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... I hate growing old, but it sure beats the alternative.

NetDoc:
I simply clip most everything on the right off on the right chest D-ring to suit up.

Speaking of clipping off the long hose....

I am occasionally bugged by the big clip right there on the reg hose. Why would it be a bad idea to substitute a fairly small/subtle loop or ring (e.g. a 1.00 or 0.75 dia SS ring) attached to the hose at about the same place, and use a double-ender to clip it off when needed?

I can't at the moment think of a good reason why not, and it should satisfy Rick's second parameter ("it drives any DIR'ers that happen to be around nuts").

Well, if you're going to stick just the ring on there, you'd have a metal-to-metal connection, not to mention it'd slide all over the place. If you secured it to the hose with something it'd stick out almost as much as a bolt snap. Either way you do it you're making the clipping process at least twice as long (unclip double ender, clip ring, reclip double ender) or you'd probably have to use two hands.

Just use a small SS bolt snap, a helluva lot easier.

Ben

Spectre:
It doesn't give you the funky flange on the end, but I found the inflator hose for my singles rig was the perfect size. So I harvested that one until I could get out and replace the hose on my singles.

It'll work in a pinch :wink:

Yea your right! My (Halcyon) inflator hose is dead on perfect length! 22" It's actuall a little easier to use too. The DUI one is a bit stiff.

Thanks great Spectre. :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom