Don't know what happened

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m going with underweighted. It’s better to be a couple pounds over than a couple pounds under,

You head goes under with 6 kg but you can not descend with 8 kg ? how does this make sense?
I have no idea but this is what happened.

A proper weight check is done in the end of the dive, with the tank almost empty. Did you do that again in the end?
No. I only did it at the beginning.

A person with 69 dives, even one who is a DM, is a novice diver. Not experienced at all. Consider how many dives are involved in getting the various certifications needed to get to DM, he has virtually no dives as a normal diver, let alone as a DM.

Personally, I have done 55 dives this year (4,397 total), none of which are as a DM since I am not one.

I would expect that most divers with only 69 dives do not swim efficiently. More experience needed.
Heu! I explained at least 3 times in this thread that I did not log all my education dives.

Heu! I explained at least 3 times in this thread that I did not log my education dives.

I guess there is no thread of yours that does not end with someone stating that you are doing too many courses in a short period of time.
And from thread to thread, you do a new one. When did you do your OW? 6 months ago?

I guess there is no thread of yours that does not end with someone stating that you are doing too many courses in a short period of time.
And from thread to thread, you do a new one. When did you do your OW? 6 months ago?
OW in November. So that’s just about 6 months. Right.

I have no idea but this is what happened.
The ideal weight check has been described above, in pieces

At your safety stop, with only your reserve gas left in your cylinder and no air in your BC, you should be able to smoothly hold the stop and then make a nice, controlled ascent to the surface.

The gas in your cylinder has significant weight that you will lose during the dive. Sorry for the imperial calculation, but an AL80 cylinder will be 5.2 lbs (almost 2.4 kg) lighter at the end of the dive that when you started.

It is a good thing to record the weight required in your logbook, for future reference. This will be primarily dictated by your exposure protection and cylinder material and volume.

I will go a little heavy rather than light. You can always remove some weight if you find you are too heavy at your weight check. It is a real pain to be light and not be able to hold the stop. Give it a try, you'll like it

OW in November. So that’s just about 6 months. Right.

I am going to give you the same advice I gave you on a previous thread: focus on the basics.

I can't tell if you have problems with buoyancy, trim or finning (as I did not see it), but it can be an issue as others pointed out.
What definitely you need to sort out is the goal and how to perform a weight check.

And now you are a DM..

I really don't understand why u post here.
You get advice and you keep ignoring it.
You really think it's good to be a Dm with 6 month dive "experience"?
Did u want to be lead by a Dm who has no experience? I certainly don't want to.

Every thread we told you stop doing courses. And know you are out with students and u were not able to control them. This time you were lucky. But if one student had a problem and hurt himself. What would you have done? If you were not close to him.

So again. Stop doing courses, stop working as a Dm and just dive to build experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom