Dorcy Dive II 220 Lumen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deadly_risk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone pre-order the new Dorcy Dive II (or Penetrater 220 if you shop at Piranha)?

With the exception of the battery holder breaking (and promptly being replaced for free by Dorcy) I liked the 180 lumen as a inexpensive backup, or primary when I did not want to take my DR500 out.

I am holding off on pre-ordering it though. I'm waiting until I read some reviews after it comes out mid Jan.

• Dimensions 6.5" L X 1.5 L
  • Submersible (IPX8) to depth of 100 meters (328 Feet)
  • Uses Cree Q4 220 Lumen LED
  • Wrist strap Lanyard
  • Hard anodized finish guaranteed not to corrode in any conditions
  • Twist on and off functionality
  • Minimum 220 lumens with run-time up to 8 hours
  • Uses 6 AAA batteries (not included)

Attachments

• Dorcy220.jpg
    Dorcy220.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 568
I took the plunge and ordered 2 today. I have several of the originals which work well. Supposedly the battery holder has been redesigned and is interchangeable. Piranaha sent extras when I ordered the 180's which was cool. I had one adaptor that is a little short and only works if I put a penny in the bottom first. It's a backup holder now so no biggie. The power/tight beam is awesome on the originals, can't wait to see what another 40 lumens will be like. Hard to turn down for $45. I gave a couple of the 180's away as birthday gifts, brothers were wowed.

I have the 180 Lumens and liked it a lot except for the battery holder that broke. Thankfully they sent me two as replacements.

The new 220 lumen is supposed to take care of the issues they had with the 180 lumen. i.e. the breakable battery holder, the sharp edges for the lanyard, easier to turn on and off, etc.

I'll be ordering one in the next couple of days.

I just ordered one from Dorcy direct. It comes with Free shipping, batteries, and a great little pen light. All for $44. delivered. Not Bad.

I just ordered one from Dorcy direct. It comes with Free shipping, batteries, and a great little pen light. All for $44. delivered. Not Bad.

I went to the Dorcy Direct site and they have it for $55 without any extras.
How did you score the freebies and the price?

***Edit
Ok I found it.
Once you put the light in your cart type in SCUBA for the coupon code and get a 20% discount, then you can choose to get the free key chain light and batteries.

Last edited:
The key chain light works better than a Maglight pen light. I "confiscated" my sons this last weekend while skiing and it worked great.

Piranha just advised that they received 180's instead of 220's. Will be able to ship the 220's next month. Too bad my anual dive trip is before then. Anyone know if Dorcy got the right ones?

Dorcy also got the 180's and will be shipping out the 220's in February as well. Kinda disappointing, but luckily I wasn't in desperate need for this light. Hope you're able to find something for your trip (maybe have them ship the 180's to you instead???).

Piranha just advised that they received 180's instead of 220's. Will be able to ship the 220's next month. Too bad my anual dive trip is before then. Anyone know if Dorcy got the right ones?

Get the 180 and enjoy your trip. You won't know the difference.

Back
Top Bottom