Dork Divers – Designers – Need a new logo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3:

<------:rofl4:
I figured I ought to do something else to thank you for the concept, so I also whipped up an avatar-size version, in case you (or anyone) may want to use it:
DDsplode-Avatar.png

Just love this one.:)

The second one is... disturbing. :D (It should be well-received by at least a subset of DDs, eh? :rofl3:)

As for the first one, it'd make a *great* back-of-the-T-shirt (with the DD logo on the front "pocket"). It looked so cool, I vectorized it (which only took a few hours and about a quarter mouse life worth of clicking and dragging :biggrin:). I can also render a version with transparency instead of the blue background if someone needs one for printing:

I figured I ought to do something else to thank you for the concept, so I also whipped up an avatar-size version, in case you (or anyone) may want to use it:

DDsplode-Avatar.png

Thanks for cleaning it up! You spent as much time cleaning it as I did making it!! Now I'm going to google 'Vectorize" and figure out what it means and how to do that myself. :dork2: I'm glad you guys like it. It was my favorite one too.
Hopefully, Dork Divers will end up using it for t-shirts or something, that'd be pretty cool.

Thanks for cleaning it up! You spent as much time cleaning it as I did making it!! Now I'm going to google 'Vectorize" and figure out what it means and how to do that myself. :dork2:
The free (GPL) application I use for vector graphics is called Inkscape. It's basically the same type of program as Adobe Illustrator (as opposed to Adobe Photoshop, which is for raster graphics, i.e. graphics with pixels). There's a bit of a learning curve to get used to it, but it's quite a nice app. There a whole set of tutorials, although I got bored and just jumped in. You can also download some of my SVG files from http://www.hazelnutscuba.net/dork/ to play around with some fully-formed files. (There's the DD logo, the ISOSAD logo, and this one.)

The great thing, of course, about doing graphics as vector art instead of raster art is that you can render it in any size without any loss of quality. The other great thing is that drawing using shapes and Bezier curves is a lot more fun than trying to build curves "lego-style" of of square pixels. :biggrin:

I'm glad you guys like it. It was my favorite one too.
Hopefully, Dork Divers will end up using it for t-shirts or something, that'd be pretty cool.
If I weren't now in "I'm leaving for Bonaire this Friday!" mode, I'd be loading up a T-shirt design by now. Sadly, Bonaire comes first. :wink:

If I weren't now in "I'm leaving for Bonaire this Friday!" mode, I'd be loading up a T-shirt design by now. Sadly, Bonaire comes first. :wink:

Sadly? Really? If it's that much of a hardship, I'll be glad to take your place :D

The free (GPL) application I use for vector graphics is called Inkscape. It's basically the same type of program as Adobe Illustrator (as opposed to Adobe Photoshop, which is for raster graphics, i.e. graphics with pixels). There's a bit of a learning curve to get used to it, but it's quite a nice app. There a whole set of tutorials, although I got bored and just jumped in. You can also download some of my SVG files from Dork Divers Logo Submissions to play around with some fully-formed files. (There's the DD logo, the ISOSAD logo, and this one.)

The great thing, of course, about doing graphics as vector art instead of raster art is that you can render it in any size without any loss of quality. The other great thing is that drawing using shapes and Bezier curves is a lot more fun than trying to build curves "lego-style" of of square pixels. :biggrin:

Nice!! Where are you staying at? I did Buddy Dive last year with my husband and we absolutely loved it!! Have fun and perhaps when you get back you can upload a version of it with the transparent background so I can a T-shirt for myself???

BTW thanks for the tips and I will be downloading it and playing around with it. I appreciate the help, because what little I know about adobe is all self taught...so pointers are always welcome!

If it's not too late, I had this idea, and GIMP made it even more ... amazing than I'd imagined. It's a little on the quick and dirty side - it took about 30 minutes start to finish.

Oh, and hi.

So, uh, are t-shirts available? I need one more t-shirt like a hole in the head, but can't pass up this one.

Proudly stating, "I have always been a dork. I can't remember when I wasn't....."

So, uh, are t-shirts available? I need one more t-shirt like a hole in the head, but can't pass up this one.

Proudly stating, "I have always been a dork. I can't remember when I wasn't....."

Kathy (and others) I made up shirts last year before Christmas and ordered a couple for myself, but there wasnt much interest.

The info is in the thread linked below. The Cafepress store is still there and they can still be ordered as far as I am aware.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dork-divers/211468-dork-diver-t-shirts-sale.html

You can order many different types of shirts both with and without the orange shovel. I also incorporated Clayjar's very cool ovalized sticker design.

All art credit goes to Clayjar, of course, and to repeat, I make no money off of this. All shirts are listed at Cafepress stock prices.

Back
Top Bottom