DOT exemption for PST E7 Tanks? Expires Soon? Renewed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are a couple of 3500 PST 120's for sale on Ontario Scuba Swap that have TC markings.
Maybe some 120s got them, seems rather random.
Out here, 90+% of the 3500s are 100s and none of them have TC stamps.

Outstanding! I've only got a single tank but those with more than you can count on one hand have to be relieved. Glad they didn't wait until the last minute this time.

I have a few of them.. good news!!

Sadly that will get you nowhere with the shops in BC that refuse to fill them because they lack TC stamps.

Fortunately, my PST E7 3500psi cylinders have been filled at a couple of different shops in ON, with nobody ever batting an eye. I don't know if they have TC stamps or not and they are at the shop right now, so I can't look.

Ok dumb question, what is the TC stamp?

Transport Canada, equivalent to US DOT

awwwh.. that explains why my tanks don't have it. :wink:

awwwh.. that explains why my tanks don't have it. :wink:
99.9% of scuba cylinders sold in North America nowadays have dual markings for TC and USDOT. It would be very rare to find a new cylinder without both. Used is another matter, some are so old they don't have either and are marked ICC which stands for Interstate Commerce Commission, the predecessor to the US DOT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom