Double AL 80s problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T...

I really don't understand your purpose in going in this direction..

If you really need the doubles ''curb appeal'' diving with a wet suit...you're much better off sticking with your steel cylinders...and investing in a double bladder wing...you'd be eliminating the positive buoyancy issues you're going to have with the 3AL 80's...and you'd be gaining redundant stability back-up that you'd normally be getting with your dry-suit...you already have the additional inflator hose...

What you're doing is regression...not progression...

It's taken two pages of posts to get you to measure your center/center...I'm not holding out much hope for the double bladder wing...

Proceed...

W.M...
The purpose....I have them and I want to.....no" curb appeal"...sometimes I prefer diving wet.......Maybe in the future i will go with the double bladder and steels, we will see....I have the parts to put this rig together (well except for the correct bands) and ran into a problem and thought I would ask the kind people on scubaboard if they could help me solve the problem..and then you stepped in to flex you scubadiving superiority....And no....if you bother to read the first post you will see that,yes I did measure center to center...apparently you just didn't read it or just couldn't comprehend it..

..................welcome to scubaboard................

.Maybe in the future i will go with the double bladder and steels,.

saw this on my FB feed and thought i would share if you do want a double bladder 45.

Harry Averill
March 20 at 3:34 PM

LAST YEAR I GOT…
…a Dive Rite Dual-Bladder Rec Wing XT specifically for use in a TDI photo shoot. After four dives, I rinsed and dried it thoroughly, stored it partially inflated in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight…and haven’t used it since. As sitting on gear I will likely never use again is foolish, it’s for sale on eBay. These wings list for close to $600 new. This is as close to new as you are likely to get (but you can get it now for a lot less).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254541599550

Western NC...PM sent

I just realized that I may be a hoarder.................will PM back (from western NC) when I get a grip on the situation.

You tell him...

wasn't telling him anything...was not subtle messaging or preaching...just passing something on. I don't know a lot of folks that like double bladder wings...most would prefer to just keep a lift bag handy for redundancy if diving wet, but some do. dive and let dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom