Double ball arm and clamps for Sea & Sea YS D-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCheckman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to get a 5" double ball arm and 2 clamps for a YS D-1 strobe. I already have one YS D1 with that set up (one regular AC-CSF clamp and one AC-CSL (long clamp) from Ultralight. I've been looking on Amazon and see some deals on non-ultralight arms and clamps that are considerably cheaper than the UL ones. Is there a difference? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone is selling any used, I'd be interested.

Thanks,
Sheryl

Sheryl: There can be a large difference. Not so much for the arms, but for the clamps. I had purchased some of the low cost clamps a while ago. They had very sharp edges on the clamp part that really ate up the balls on the arms. All of the coatings were gone and the o-rings would only last a few dives before they needed to be replaced. My ULCS clamps on the other hand are going on 12 years old and work perfectly. If you dive say 200 dives per year and the clamps last 10 years then your cost per dive for a $40 clamp is like 2 cents compared to 1 cent for the $20 clamp.

Bill

If you want to buy some of the inexpensive ones (I don't recommend them) I will sell them to you for $10 each
Bill

Last edited:
I'm still using ULCS arms and clamps that I bought in the mid 90s and have had hundreds of dives with them.

Very good value for money IMHO

Back
Top Bottom