Double Hose Mouthpiece Plug?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to Walmart or the dollar store and get a pair of those super cheap flip flops. Cut out a shape that fits snug then put a small carabiner or clip through the end to stow it on a d-ring. $2-3 total and works great.

Sounds like it would work, but I get this weird feeling when I think about having a piece of footwear in my mouthpiece.

At Walmart they have cheap yoga foam blocks. I discovered these as a result of a thread here on SB. Where have these been all my life! A nice, stiff foam, in colors and it carves and saws!.

N

I'll have to take a look at them. Thanks

So my Dad made one for me (he does a lot of woodworking) that seems to fit pretty well.

IMG_20200401_175056601_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200401_175127782.jpg
IMG_20200401_180047941.jpg

And he also had a friend that had a 3D printer make 2 more, that also fit.

IMG_20200401_175204553_HDR.jpg

So now I have to get 2 more DAAMs for all the plugs I have.

I would look at investing in the DSV from VDH. Also gives you the ability to swap mouthpieces to whatever you think is most comfortable. It's the bomb dot com @Luis H did a brilliant job with it

A bit of thread necromancy, apologies. I am not seeing it on VDH, is the DSV available as a separate item? And will it fit a "standard" double hose hose? Realizing that there may not be a standard size hose. Another apology, I am one whole day into my double hose ownership ('59/'60 ish DAAM) and so I'm still reading profusely.

Just purchasing the phoenix and rebuild kit, a DSV might have to wait a little bit even if it is available and would fit.

Thanks

A bit of thread necromancy, apologies. I am not seeing it on VDH, is the DSV available as a separate item? And will it fit a "standard" double hose hose? Realizing that there may not be a standard size hose. Another apology, I am one whole day into my double hose ownership ('59/'60 ish DAAM) and so I'm still reading profusely.

Just purchasing the phoenix and rebuild kit, a DSV might have to wait a little bit even if it is available and would fit.

Thanks

Here is the link to the DSV:

Store | Vintage Double Hose

It fits any DH (with the exception of the occasional hose that is 1" on BOTH ends). I have two of the VDH DSV's. They are fantastic!

Here is the link to the DSV:

Store | Vintage Double Hose

It fits any DH (with the exception of the occasional hose that is 1" on BOTH ends). I have two of the VDH DSV's. They are fantastic!

You, sir, are much appreciated despite your lack of respect for my bank account!!

Luis, with your permission, I can whip up an STL file for this and print some in TPU... I need one myself, and could send some to those in need. Your design though, so I don't want to step on your toes (so to speak).
Respectfully
James

This would go well with the HP mouth piece your working on too! I didn’t think about making a TPU. That’s a good idea.

@lexvil reminded me that I have information for this thread, thanks to my new acquisition. A sample of a "flip flop" mouthpiece insert. Next to a factory insert. Noted that my bench could use a dusting.
mpp_1b.jpg mpp_2b.jpg mpp_3b.jpg mpp_4b.jpg

I'm still having trouble with the whole footware in my mouthpiece idea, even though I know it's never been on someone's foot.

Back
Top Bottom