Double Hose tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing that has been lost in regulator repairs is that a 25 gram CO2 cartridge has the same threads as the LP port on most USA regulators, and provides a wonderful handhold for taking a first stage apart.

SeaRat
So does a 3/8" fine thread bolt 6 " long.

Unfortunately I am no longer making the tools and do not have any remaining.
To service most of the USD/Voit DH regs you need some way of holding the body of the reg, something to remove the body ring with, something to remove the nozzle with and something to help assemble the nozzle with. A BIG adjustable wrench can usually get to the nozzle but the rest of the tools are difficult to substitute for and without the right tools, esp if the ring and/or nozzle are stuck, it can be very challenging to get them apart without damaging the parts. The tools are also really helpful to reassemble the reg as well. The job can be done without them if you are creative but if you have one that is not in good shape....corroded together as many are.. they can be quite difficult to get apart without damaging something and keep in mind, there are very few to no replacement parts available (body parts, service parts are still around for now) .
@herman Would you have any design notes on those you'd be willing to share? Between my CNC mill and 3d printers I can probably make some up.

While not for DH, the 109 Lever tool would be a prize!!!!

Back
Top Bottom