Doubles House Routing with MK17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up with the simplest solution, I replaced the hose with a flex hose that doesn't kink with the sharp bend. Thanks all for the help!

IMG-1997.jpg

I am tearing my hair out with this one. I cannot figure out a reasonable way to route the hoses with the Scubapro Mk17 regulators.

(Disclaimer: I will absolutely get formal training before diving these, for now I plan to try them once or twice this season with an experienced mentor, but he's busy at the moment and I'd like to have everything set up first.)

In a previous thread the following configuration was suggested:

View attachment 531726

The right post works perfectly as suggested, but I have AL80s with much shorter necks and if I set up the left post like in the above picture the bungeed secondary's hose bends at a super sharp angle which causes folds to appear right below the ferrule and looks generally unsafe.

I've tried every other combination I can think of but the only reasonable way to prevent the hoses from aggressively kinking on the left post appears to be this:

View attachment 531727

View attachment 531728

View attachment 531729

Is this configuration a complete abomination? My planned use for these is open water diving, I have no interest, training, or access to overhead environments where the hoses could snag.

Am I missing some alternative way to route them?

Thanks!
I like the routing in picture 2, 3 and 4. Keep it simple and don't fret too much. The hoses can take some bending. Worse case scenario get some of the more flexible hoses but I think that is overkill. Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom