Doubles Tanks Must Have Same Height???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leadking:
P.S. check out our new Nitrox snorkel with the green top!!:wink:
By golly, if I'm to have to use a snorkel I'd sure like a Nitrox one. :D

So theoretically, you could double up a Luxfer 80 and a Catalina S80?

You could, but you would have a hell of a time with balance issues as the Catalina is a little heavier than the Luxfer.:D

Oh, and congratulations on the quitting smoking!

I have exactly that lol

I needed a set of aluminum doubles and the dive shop I go to offered to assemble it for me for free. I had two 80s that looked exactly the same to me. I only bothered to check the hydro dates, and didn't even look at what kind of tanks I had. So I bought the manifold and bands and brought everything to the shop so they could assemble it for me.

When I got the tanks back, they mentioned the one of the tanks was a fraction of an inch higher than the other, but that it should be fine as everything is centered and the buoyancy difference was only about half a pound.

I was skeptical but I've been diving the tanks for a few months now with no noticeable problems. I can trim them just fine and don't really feel like one tank is pulling more than the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom