Dove with a Dogfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDebbie:
...... I was out with an O/W class and it swam right under the student's legs. Imagine seeing that on your first dive! :)

I hope they were students in wetsuits ... easier to clean :wink:

jeckyll:
I hope they were students in wetsuits ... easier to clean :wink:

Ewww! Not my job either way. Dive slaves have to draw the line somewhere! hehehe :wink:

Actually, It was a good buoyancy test for him. We were quite near the bottom, so had he started to roto-till, the little guy might not have been so happy about being squashed... and he wasn't that little. Then his wetsuit would've needed cleaning for sure! :11:

Make the students clean up; tell them it's an important lesson in preventive maintenance.

As long as they don't think that means they can rinse their wetsuit in the big shared rinse barrel at the end of the day!... eewww... ok, this thread is getting disgusting... and now if I see a dogfish tomorrow I'll be checking the students wetsuits, thanks to you! :wink:

LOL, nice! Rental wetsuits ... Yuk.

:D

i seen my first dog fish at porteau on the back wall. i had never heard of them at the time and had no idea what it was but i was scared. then a few months later there where 3 of them circling us on a night dive

Maybe this story will give a different perspective to those that get nervous when a few dog fish start to circle.

A diver told me once about how he dives with schools/packs of dogfish north of Texada Island. A certain time of year they congregate there in the 100's. He said that because of the location and size of their mouths they aren't much of a threat and you can push them away easily. Just make sure to keep your fingers tucked in.

I am sure if they could they would love to take a bite out of us but the truth is they just aren't equiped for the task. Especially when we are covered in 1/4 inch of rubber.

a.fish.bmp

Back
Top Bottom