• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Downloading Teric and Perdix dives

Discussion in 'Shearwater Research' started by MargaritaMike, Jul 11, 2019.

1. MargaritaMike

MargaritaMike Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I have been fortunate enough to obtain a Teric. I already have a Perdix AI. I'm about to go on a dive trip and do 24 - 30 dives using one as primary and the other as secondary. Can I download from both computers without really screwing my cloud logs. I've already had immense trouble getting my logs downloaded and synced between my phone and laptop. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks and Cheers - M²

2. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    That’s where using a third party app is helpful.

3. tursiops

tursiops Marine Scientist and Master Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    No problem with Cloud. The dives will be shown separately and distinctly. If you sort by dive number they may be grouped by device if the two computers have different numbers of dives on them. It is probably more convenient to sort by date, in which case the two fikes for each dive will be shown together.

4. racanichou

racanichou Manta Ray

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    You can manually (on the dive computer) adjust the dive #. I’d make sure that both had the same “start” number so that they would be grouped together.

5. SquareJ

SquareJ Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I have two computers also and prefer to treat my alternate as just that, the one I would go to IF the primary failed. I didn't find any value in downloading dives from both computers, it just clutters your log and doesn't provide any addition insight. It's also double the work, adding notes for each dive twice...
    Cheers

6. MargaritaMike

MargaritaMike Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Thanks, everyone. It looks like they will download independently and separately, even with the same dive number, however, it may clutter the electronic log. Now, my decision is to decide which computer is primary and which is secondary.

Thanks again.
    Cheers -