Downs and Ups of decompression diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

igor p

Contributor
Reaction score
New paper by B.R. Wienke and T.R. O'Larry

Attachments

• DownUp.pdf
    467.2 KB · Views: 172
"Paper"? Yes.
Study? No.
Editorial? Yes.
Dispassionate examination of this hugely important controversy? No.

Funny thing: they mention Vplanner, but not the newer Multideco who also uses Buhlmann's GF's.

It is just a summery of different models, computers, planners, etc. So a study? No, as already mentioned.

Remember all decosoftware, if it is vpm, buhlmann+gf's, rgbm, suunto rgbm, etc, it is all just mathematics. And between for example shearwater and heinrichweihkamp, both buhlmann+gf, there are already differences in calculations, even with the same settings.

Well from my testing the Shearwater and HW give same profiles (with very small differences) if set both same. But you need to know HW has some more settings (some special ones) so lot of times the differences are from the mentioned special HW settings.

I think B.R.W. an T.R.O'Larry wanted to answer some questions and explain some misconceptions they noticed…

I do receive material from different surces, one of them is BRW, and think it is good to post on forums to get information available to other readers too…

Well from my testing the Shearwater and HW give same profiles (with very small differences) if set both same. But you need to know HW has some more settings (some special ones) so lot of times the differences are from the mentioned special HW settings.

I think B.R.W. an T.R.O'Larry wanted to answer some questions and explain some misconceptions they noticed…

I do receive material from different surces, one of them is BRW, and think it is good to post on forums to get information available to other readers too…
On cavedives the computers show differences, especially in the TTS at the last stop, but if you are arrived on the last stop the differences are small. Have seen this a couple of times on dives over 2 hours in caves with some toothprofiles. But yes, you can see both computers are usable and safe.

I read from different sources also. I have some books from Wiencke and also from Buhlmann, and his opponent M. Hahn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom